Sunday, September 23, 2012

Another recital, another Bach recording

This afternoon I played on another AMSF recital, which was held at a church in Northwest DC. It was a gorgeous fall day, and the sun lit up the stained glass windows in the sanctuary in a comforting way. The piano was a very nice Kawai baby grand, easy to play and responsive.

My husband took this photo of me as I was trying out the piano before the recital:


He also served as audio engineer:


My evaluation of this: though I definitely rushed in a number of places, and I hit a few wrong notes here and there, overall I think I got the idea. It doesn't meet my criteria for being fully learned because I haven't memorized it, but I will add it to the list on the side anyway, and if life allows it maybe I will be able to revisit it in the future.

P.S. No shaky foot this time. Heel down! Move from the ankle! Got it!

2 comments:

Nancy M. Williams said...

Congratulations Harriet! The sound is really beautiful in both Prelude and Fugue, different, more translucent, I think, since you started studying with Matt Harre. And I was impressed by the contrast in dynamics you achieved. I find that so difficult when performing. It was very inspiring to listen to this. Nancy

Harriet said...

Thank you, Nancy, and thanks for listening.