Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally, some Bach

Here is a mostly clean performance of the Prelude and Fugue in C minor from the Well-Tempered Clavier, Book II:

Bach, WTC II/2

Again, this falls far short of what I imagined -- but at least I tried. My idea originally was to record both pieces in one take, but I could not do it without having at least a minor crash somewhere or other, so I recorded them separately and then joined the two together. Other than deleting some silence before, between, and after, and normalizing, I did no editing.

I started working on these pieces in the middle of November 2009, so it has taken me four and a half months to get them to this point -- just two pages of music. Sigh. One thing I found surprisingly difficult was doing the repeats in the prelude; it was hard to concentrate equally on both iterations.

The mood, I finally came to realize, should be autumnal for the prelude and wintry for the fugue, but I don't feel I convey this very well. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your performance very much.