Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I really have been playing the piano . . .

. . . honest! I do my hour or so every day without fail.

I just haven't had much to write, or not anything coherent.

I made a recording of the Bach prelude and fugue in D minor last night, but I'm having technical difficulties with the digital recorder -- my recordings are clipping and sound horrible. So I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I will post a recording as soon as I can get something acceptable.

I'm also forging ahead on the Beethoven; the second and third movements are mostly memorized, though still rough, and I'm trying to divide and conquer the fourth movement. There is one passage that has been giving me a lot of trouble. If I can find the time, I will scan it in and explain, but not tonight . . . 

There is no required cello playing on the near horizon, so the cello is getting another rest for now.

No comments: